- Go to Orders/Products/Products, click Create
You will see a form like this:
- Select Commodity from the drop down in Product Type
- Define the taxonomy for your commodity:
Fill in the Commodity and Variety fields. After you select the commodity, you will see a filtered list of varieties for that commodity.
- Product Name: It is the combination of the field Variety and Commodity, for example Hass Avocados. You may change if you wish.
- Create Variants:
Go to the Tab Variants and fill out the necessary values for your commodity. Only the Package and Weight are required.
Package: Specify package options (CARTON, BOX, 2 LAYERs, etc). This is a required field.
Weight (lbs): The weight that is given in pounds, in that field is only entered number.
Size/Count (optional): Define the size and count respectively. Size could be Small, Large, etc, whereas Count must be a numeric value (40, 48, etc)
Grade (optional): Refers to quality (Premium, #1, Fancy, etc)
The combination of Package, Weight, Size Count, Grade make up the attributes of the Commodity Variants.
- When you are done, click Save.